Friday, January 27, 2012

Finding the Fun


I'm not a native New Englander, but since I have lived in Massachusetts for many years, and am now raising my kids here, I guess I am one now. One of the things I love about it here is the variety of things to do. And those things change with the seasons. This may not seem remarkable to most people, but after living in places that did not have changing seasons, it is very remarkable. I love that my family can go apple picking and pumpkin picking, we can play in the snow, enjoy the park on a breezy spring day and go to the beach. When I was a kid living in the Caribbean all we could do was go to the beach. And pull tails off lizards. In Alabama we did have snow once in awhile, but more of the sweep it off the steps with a broom variety.
So, I really like it here. And in the almost 6 years of being a parent, I've had the opportunity to explore some of the fabulous family friendly activities and locations that abound in our little corner of New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment